Thursday 21 May 2009

Surprise Drawing For Sandy



After some pretty hard decision making (on which part of the magic carpet ride to do) I decided the easiest option would get the best outcome. And so, I picked a screenshot from a clip that didn't have too much detail. ;)


Obviously I would have liked to do something a bit more adventurous - although I think animated people are my forte.


This was the first "practice" drawing. It was going to be the actual drawing when I started it, but I messed it up and their faces were all wrong and something about it that didn't sit right with me.


3 comments:

  1. Fantastic! I'm going to have to agree with you - you are getting quite good at animated people and creatures. Aladdin and Jasmine look great, like they came straight out of the movie. Your attention to fine detail really shows through on their outfits. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ariana! It's such a compliment! :D

    I will be doing more; it's become quite a hobby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very glad to hear that you might draw some more pictures. I hope you share them with us too!

    Wonderful work! I love how you captured both of their expressions! The way he's looking at her, and the way she's looking at the flower in his hand. It was such a sweet romantical moment in the movie. You've expressed it so very well. And the details are amazing... the subtle shading of their skin... and even the finely-drawn lines of her hair! Great job! This one's definitely a keeper!

    ReplyDelete